Wednesday, January 9, 2008

ooohhh, music that makes my legs purr

After hearing some hype about it, I decided to get my hands on the new White Williams album, Smoke. My ears are thanking me today, and my body wants to buy me a diamond ring. My favourite tracks so far (from giving the album a go maybe 1 or 2 times) are Routes To Palm, Shadow and New Violence. All the songs are a blend of soft melodic fluid singing, mixed with rhythmic drum kicks, adolescent keyboarding (you know the kind - where you hit the keyboard for the first time and think you know how to play it right off the bat, and you try to create these songs with resonating electronic sounds), and 70's style electric guitaring. Their music comes off as being too cool for school and that's ok by me. I won't lie to you, their non-chalant music-ablitiies is the kind that makes me want to flirt with the group members at the bar before the show. Here's the cover of their vainglorious album... now tell me you wouldn't jot down your number on a jack daniel's stained napkin using your black charcoal eyeliner. Oh yeah, and they're coming to Toronto....I'll definitely be at that show.

No comments: